im kindof a noob so bare with me. lately it seems i have to reset my network adapter alot cause either pages wont load or my psp freezes when online. is there any thing i can do to maintain a good connection?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What network adapter are you using? Have you got the latest drivers installed + are they vista ready?

i have the Realtek RTL 8139/810x family fast ethernet NIC. how do i find out if there is a newer better one. do you it has anything to do with having to reset it all the time?

thanks-bert.

hi,

if you go to the realtek website and download the latest driver. Then if its an exe just double click if its a driver file then go to device manager and right click on the device then update driver. Often windows creates generic drivers for multiple network cards and although they work with lots of different cards they are often buggy but if you have the manufactures one it has been written specifically for your card so should work fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.