Please i need help. I was on internet when suddenly a bleu screen appeared saying that microsoft close my laptop for preventing the data to be lost. And one paragraph after, it said : if this screen appears again please install or déinstall software or harware. And this was writen like in DOS caracter..

Then i freaked, i don't remember if i stop with the power button by myself of the laptop closed alone.

I think someone sent me a virus.. Now i am NO MORE ABLE to open my laptop, i rebooted, f2,f12 anything, nothing works... I heard the fan 2 secondes after nothing, my screen is black. Before going to Future shop, i need to try something with your help. I am devastated i am afraid that the hard disk had been touched and i will lost all my music, pictures and everything.. Now i don't know what to do. Please helpppp :-(

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ok i found my answer... I went to future shop and they said that even if he tries to open it, with fn something, f2,f12 or watever nothing works

So this is a physical problem (carte maitresse)... it's badddd.. My laptop will be sent to Toshiba.

Grrrr

I just read your post...

So when you turned on your computer it was all black with nothing at all showing up on the screen, even for a second?

Sending it to Toshiba sounds like an easy option, but you should find out if they'll recover your data or not- I'm not sure myself.

All the best,

--The Comodore

how old is the laptop?

if less than a year and u have anti virus enabled, its a hardware problem
if over three years w/out antivirus enabled, then its probably hardware or trojan/virus

When u get it fixed, make sure u have a decent anti virus program availiable and updated. this is very important. if possible, try to convince toshiba u have a lemon and tell them it needs replacement. this can work if u call one of those not so smart tech support dudes. also, always back up data so music/files won't get lost should any thing like this happen again.
FYI- Major brand pc companies (including toshiba) will return your product to factory condition, minus updates, additional files, music, photos, videos, and even internet bookmarks. hopefully your data was backed up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.