I am using XP Home with SP2. I installed IE7 a long time ago and it was great until jut a few days ago. All of a sudden I cannot get to any webpages at all, I just get an error message "Address not found." I also have AOL and I tried that and had the same problem. They had me rebuild the adapter and run webutil. That helped and I can access webpages through AOL, but not IE7. I am NOT very computer tech savvy, so any help needs to be somewhat basic. I have deleted temp files, etc., defraged and all that stuff recently. Thanks!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DenisOxon

Have you tried a system restore to when it was working? (That sometimes fixs many things)

Otherwise,under the file menu of IE,make sure "Work offline" is not checked....

Good luck -- Welcome to our site :)

Votes + Comments
Don't suggest system restore when the problem is obviously network-related...

That didn't work, I get the IE cannot display the webpage message. I do not have work offline checked. I have NOT done a system restore. Both IE and AOL stopped accessing webpages on 12/30. On the same date, Microsoft updates were installed. I don't know if one of them might have corrupted something.

That didn't work, I get the IE cannot display the webpage message. I do not have work offline checked. I have NOT done a system restore. Both IE and AOL stopped accessing webpages on 12/30. On the same date, Microsoft updates were installed. I don't know if one of them might have corrupted something.

Sounds like this has caused the problems.

I would ring AOL and ask them for a fix. You may also find that there is now a windows update to fix the fix..

Denis

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.