Hey everyone I just recently purchased the Logitech QuickCam Orbit and having a slight problem with installation. I'm running Windows XP SP2 and have tried installing it. I follow the prompts reboot and then try running the program. The software says it needs to be reinstalled so I reinstalled it no go. I did this at least 10 times and still did not work. I contact Logitech support followed their instructions still didn't work.

I've finally had enough with messing around with it that I decided to install it on my computer that doesn't have SP2 because the hardware for some reason wont accept it. Last time it messed up my computer and I tried again to install it and had problems trying to install it so abandoned SP2 on that computer. Anyways so as I was saying I try installing it on my comp with SP1 reboot this time when windows logged on I get a prompt to plug in the web camera. Now that never happened on my comp with SP2 and the software now works on that comp. Logitech's website says their camera's will work with SP2 but this one apparently isn't. What do you guys think it might be? Could it be SP2? I'd like to use the camera on this comp. Should I uninstall SP2 and do you guys think I need SP2 or not really? Thanks for taking your time to read this. Any help greatly appreciated.

- Dave

uh oh theres even a bigger problem...i know for a fact sp2 was installed. even when xp boots up it doesnt show professional undernieth the boot screen i tried removing it manually cause it wasnt showing up in add remove and the hidden folder for it doesnt exist! what should i do?! redownload sp2? i also do have the disc. any help appreciated!

- Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.