I have been having this problem recently. My friend says this is because of my driver update, but I'm not too sure. So the problem is this, I start downloading a torrent, I usually leave it over night. In the morning when I check on it, my computer screen shows it completely frozen, my mouse can't move at all. And I saw the task bar and it showed 7:50 around, and it has been doing the same thing around the same time. Then I have to force shut down, and turn it back up. I'm not too sure on what to do.
Motherboard - P5NSLI
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
Video Card - 8600 GT Geforce
Memory - 4 sticks of 1g
Hard Drives - Seagate 300g and Seagate 180g

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

bump

And not only bittorrent, if I'm just downloading from my browser, my computer crashes sometimes too.

Look in Control Panel/Admin Tools/Event viewer for System or application errors.
Chkdsk and defrag may help.
Are your virus definitions and anti spyware apps to date and scanning?

Does this have to do with my problem?
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
I saw in the Event Viewer

Yes.
I haven't used BitTorrent in a while, but most such programs have a way to limit the number of connections to prevent this sort of thing.
There's an article here that explains more, and shows you how to change the limit.
http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.