Basicalyy,im trying to change setings so i can get on the internet with my wii with a nintedo usb conncector.its been fine for about 2 days when suddenly something went wrong.so i found out what was wrong and tried to change it in Network connections.However when i try to edit the connection from properties i click ok and the computer freezes,and i get the following message...windows explorer has encounterd a problem and needs to close,sorry for inconvience.This now happens every single time i try to change settings.
Would be very gratefull for any help.Im On Xp,And Im Not Talking About Internet Explorer.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is this a legit copy of windows?

This is a very common problem when people use pirated operating systems.

I am not saying you are, I am just stating the most common factor.

Any how, turn on debugging and post the results of a dump file and lets see where she crashes exactly.

if windows is crashing the pc its one of 2 thing
1 you are infected with any or all of these: trojan, spyware, virus or malware.

2 windows explorer might be corrupted. this can be cause from registry strings in the wrong place.

you can either do a scan or do a repair of windows.

Is this a legit copy of windows?

This is a very common problem when people use pirated operating systems.

I am not saying you are, I am just stating the most common factor.

Any how, turn on debugging and post the results of a dump file and lets see where she crashes exactly.

Yeah,it isnt a pirate copy.
will post the file when it next happens.
thanks for helping :)

if windows is crashing the pc its one of 2 thing
1 you are infected with any or all of these: trojan, spyware, virus or malware.

2 windows explorer might be corrupted. this can be cause from registry strings in the wrong place.

you can either do a scan or do a repair of windows.

How do i repair windows?

thanks for your help so far.

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.3156 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00037e9f

i get that as an error signiture.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.