I am currently trying to Install the Dell E773P Monitor to my PC.

I am able to plug it in, but can only view the screen with lowest colour (16bit I think) and get a very small screen (640x480 or 800x600)

However, I am unable to Increase the resolution, or increase the Colour because no drivers are installed on this computer for the monitor.

I have tried downloading and installing the drivers from the dell website:
http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R70102&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=92947

But this does not prompt an installation of the drivers and only extract itself as four files:
e773p.cat
e777p.icm
e773p.inf
readme.txt

I am also unable to go to the "Driver" section under: Display->Settings->Advance->Monitor->Properties. It is greyed out, as there is no monitor actually installed.

Could anyone offer anyhelp? The readme tells me to go to the "Display->Settings->Advance->Monitor->Properties" section, but I cannot as i have previously explained.

Thank You

Its not the monitor drivers that are the problem. You need the video card drivers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.