This is a new one to me. When my computer boots up, I get a Login dialog 1st instead of the normal screen where you select the user and enter the password.

If I log off, I get to the original user select screen, but everytime I restart, I get the login dialog.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Anyone here that can help me?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

OPTION A:
1. Use your Windows XP (if that is your OS) to repair your windows.
2. Done.

OPTION B:
1. That might be your BIOS login promt.
2. To clear BIOS login promt, go to BIOS and under user management option.
3. Change the settings.
4. Done.

Good Luck.

OPTION A:
1. Use your Windows XP (if that is your OS) to repair your windows.
2. Done.
Good Luck.

just a question ,this is a couple of times i've seen you tell people how to use the disk to do a repair ,would you please tell me how this is done ,as i only get a dos prompt when i go to R for repair ,any commands i should type or do i just guess as to what to type in
thanks jack

just a question ,this is a couple of times i've seen you tell people how to use the disk to do a repair ,would you please tell me how this is done ,as i only get a dos prompt when i go to R for repair ,any commands i should type or do i just guess as to what to type in
thanks jack

1..Set your BIOS to BOOT from CD-ROM.
2. Insert The Windows XP Cd into your ROM.
3. The screen will prompt a msg saying "Press any key to boot from DVD/CD".
4. Press ENTER to continue.
5. You will get a BLUE screen(loading).
6. There will 3 OPTIONS, press Enter = Continue, R = Repair or F3 = Quit.
7. Press ENTER.
8. Press F8 to agree with agreement.
9. It will detect a previous version of Windows available on the PC.
10. press R to repair.

wow hope people don't forget to hit R ,the second time or they could load a second windows install by mistake .and mess up the computer big time .

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.