hello,
can nybody tell me what is this error code mean
BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 81B16A98 BCP2 : 820A5C78 BCP3 : F8971CBC

i get this at every startup. Also my comp is acting wierd, for instance, the first time i start my comp in the morning i have to restart it for lets say 5-6 times so that it can properly boot. Os is xp xp2 & updated up to the latest drivers already with the windows update as well.
So, i would be glad if any nice soul out there can throw light upon this problem.

Thanks

Regards
Dinesh

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

eventvwr.msc , type that into start/run and go to system and check out error reports ,a google search of part of you error show video related problems some people are having .

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D

this is the single error report that am getting in Sytem Log.

?????????

well, after reading many threads on the same issues i think its the ide cable that is problamatic cause my hard drive is brand new.

one more thing, what if i am just hanging the hdd without it being fitted into the case,maybe causing all the trouble?

nyways your two cents of search really gave me some idea which is very much appreciated.
thanks

one more thing, what if i am just hanging the hdd without it being fitted into the case,maybe causing all the trouble?

not i good idea if the drive spinning ,if the arm hit the disk it will chip it .

i was just askin it theoritically but not practically cause i am too aware of the danger but yeah the cable is what i want to have a look at. rite.
nwyays thanks mate

cheers!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.