At time of starting my system error showing : windows/inf/others.exe

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

When i cliked the the mycomputer icon, it is open and again click the specified drivename it will ask me selected programs . Why

At time of starting my system error showing: memory error:2000 somethig

dinesh... it is not common for exe files to be in the inf folder; one that is there is unregmp2.exe for Windows media player.
The normal files in the inf folder are .inf and related .pnf files which are used for loading software and drivers.
I would rename others.exe to others.exe.old; if your sys starts then delete it.

Sounds like a virus. If your getting the error your antivirus probably removed the file already but the command to run it at bootup is still on your system. Go to start>run>msconfig and look for the entry trying to execute others.exe. Remove the checkmark next to it and restart the PC. Upon restart the PC should give you a "diagnostic mode" prompt, but the others.exe prompt should be gone. If that resolved the problem you will want to find out exactly where the command is coming from, and delete or disable it. Then run msconfig and return it to its normal state.

you need to investigate what is this other.exe what program is that associated with. Also run a virus, malware and adware scanner.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.