Hi there to evryone out there,

My name is Martin, but my handle on here is marvin8862.

My query is that I had 2 versions of AZUREUS, on my laptop, now the 1st 1 was the basic AZUREUS, which was fine to start off with.

Then somebody, told me about AZUREUS VUZE, like a fool I stupidly left on the original AZUREUS, just in case the VUZE version wasn't any good, so I had/have 2 versions on my laptop.

However though, whenever I tried booting up either version it would automatically load up VUZE.

Fair enough I said, but VUZE turned out to have so many flaws in it, I decided to give it up & just knock it on the head.

Then I went into control panel & add & remove programs & proceeded to take off the 1st version, no problem.

Then trying to uninstall the 2nd 1, it keeps coming up with the error message, "couldn't load main class".

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the 2nd version of AZUREUS VUZE, short of removing it manually, from the C drive & program files etc, which I know is not good for the system.

Can anybody help me out there please.

Thank you all in advance & for listening to my waffling on.

Martin
<snipped email>

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It sounds as though these two share some files.
Reinstall the first version, then remove the second.

It sounds as though these two share some files.
Reinstall the first version, then remove the second.

Hi there Hugh,

Thanks for the advice, but it's still a no no I'm afraid.

Tried doing what you said through control panel & add & remove programs, but no good & still getting the same message.

Martin

restart the pc in safe mode, rename the directory that the program is installed in, then restart and install the one you want then delete the old directory

At this point, I would just remove it manually.
A good lesson about poorly managed software.
After you remove the folders, you may have to edit the registry, but let's wait and see for that.

At this point, I would just remove it manually.
A good lesson about poorly managed software.
After you remove the folders, you may have to edit the registry, but let's wait and see for that.

Excuse me.??

When you say poorly managed sotfware, are you reffering to the pubishers of the software or me by any chance.

Martin

I was referring to the maker of the software.
"Fool" and "Stupidly" are your words.

just dump the directory , and then use ccleaner to clean away the leftover crap from registry
www.ccleaner.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.