I was having problems with my monitor so I ordered a new NEC hooked it up and restarted the computer. Than I found out that it wasn't the monitor at all had the same real grainy bad color in the screen. So I figured it was the Video adapter. So I tried to disable it. Rebooted the computer and got a much larger screen with the same grainy appreance. I tried to disable the other one and rebooted and now I have no video at all. I have video when I boot but as soon as it get past he Windows XP Professional is loading screen I loose it.

I tried coming up in safe mode and I just got hung there, tried to reboot from most current good configuration and that didn't work either.
Any help you can give me would be greatly apprecated. I am writting you from my laptop so I can get emails back from you.

13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Craig5564

Instead of safe mode, try selecting "Enable VGA mode" at the boot menu.

If that doesn't help, then you should probably do a repair install of Windows XP.

Thanks for the response, A buddy of mine had a spare PCI card I put that in and it is working now. I just ordered a Radeon 9600 SE AGP to put in. Hope that works so I can give him his PCI card back.

Thanks Again,

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.