A few weeks ago, I had to do a complete destructive system recovery because of a virus. Essentially, I had to reset my computer back to factory settings. All my harddrive files were backed up to a disc.

Ever since I restarted it, my computer has not been the same. Specifically, after being online for a few minutes, all my windows will suddenly disappear and take me back to the desktop. I am NOT losing my internet connection, I am just losing all the windows.

Additionally, I can't seem to open any links on web pages. When I click on a link, I see a pop-up blocker indicator (from the Google toolbar), but it never connects me.

I have been running Spyware Doctor nearly every day, and it keeps finding multiple infections. Something is clearly wrong.

What can I do to figure this out?

Craig

Hi Craig,

I'd suggest you have a good look through the "Helping Yourself...." topic in out 'Security' section. It contains suggestions and links to tools which would be helpful. You've clearly got intruders on your system and the tool you're currently using isn't doing the job for you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.