how do i get a fresh copy of windows on a hard drive that is fucked up does not boot into the windows that is on it and when i push f8 and tell it to boot from my disk drive to run to windows disk that i have it doesnt work it just says "insert boot media and reboot" or somthing like that

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

is it the hard drive that messed up or is it the operating system that is messed up

assuming that the hard drive is healthy make sure that the cd/dvd drive is first in the boot priority in CMOS setup place the cd in the drive save your changes and reboot

once you reboot the screen will say "press any key to boot from cd"

press any key and then windows will walk you through the rest

yes the os is messed up and i have set it to the first drive but it doesn't boot i remember having this problem when i first built the comp but i can't remember the solution

ok so did you try the method I posted above

did you get an error message

or what happened?

yes i did and i tried a couple of other things but all end in it saying "select proper boot device and reboot or insert boot media in selected drive and press any key

ok what kind of hard drive and cd drive do you have PATA (IDE) or SATA

sounds like its not reading the hard drive anymore,they do die you know

sounds like its not reading the hard drive anymore,they do die you know

thats what I was getting ready to tell him
also
to check if it is being detected in the bios

i wanted to add that the windows disk that i have is windows xp pro with sp2 integrated and i downloaded it from isohunt using utorrent then upacked it "or whatever you call it" with 7zip and extracted it to a folder i made on my hard drive and then copy-pasted the files to the disk drive and hit "write these files to disk"

the disk did run in the comp im using now and worked although it does not pass genuine test

so if any of that was the wrong method then maybe thats why it wont load the disk i have, if any one has info or tips on downloading software that would be great

just for your info this all happend because i downloaded "protools" and didn't make a disk i tried to install directly from the folder i extracted it to from 7zip and it gave me an error message wich i ignored "becuase im a damn moron" and ever since i rebooted "like a moron" it gets to the black windows logo screen with the progress bar, quickly flashes the checkdisk screen and reboots

sorry im slow at typing it does read the drive and when i put the drive in the other comp it reads it but wont let me asses "my documents"

I didn't know that you were working with an illegal copy of windows. Sorry I cant help you anymore

t

so if any of that was the wrong method then maybe thats why it wont load the disk i have, if any one has info or tips on downloading software that would be great

ok ,we don't help with pirated software ,that is where all you problems are coming from ,that and the fact that you don't know how to make a bootable disk ,go out and buy a genuine copy of winxp

do you not know how or what dont just leave me hangin

does this site not alow talk about that kind of stuff, as in should i go somewhere else for help

does this site not alow talk about that kind of stuff, as in should i go somewhere else for help

Yes look else where .its against the law to use the copy of windows you downloaded , therefor we cant help with it here,sorry.
as for learning how to download and burn programs to disk do a google.com search on How to do what ever it it you want to learn ,and read how to do it, before guessing how and getting into the trouble you go into .
google, like this "How to burn a bootable cd "
good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.