I gave more links and offered a special 1 time offer on page 2

after i clik download..the page loading goes.. page not found!!! :(

but um..isnt there another way to delete it like in dos? or not, cause the file has a big name?

ya i click download..then it sais page not found!

ya i click download..then it sais page not found!

Let me guess your using the browser IE(windows internet explorer) open another browser then try the links

or manualy type it in the browser

BIG "B" Talking to himself(Why does microsoft put its IE users through such torcher)

dont have another one

dont have another one

another browser? is that what your asking

and hit refresh so you can see my reply right away

okay u kno this is 2 complicated..do u have aim or yahoo or sumtin?

sorry I only use encrypted shell accounts to chat with
eraser will work

okay soo what do i do? it wont open!!!

okay soo what do i do? it wont open!!!

The reason why your file isn't deleting is because it has a "funny" character in it. Windows doesn't like it, so it won't even attempt to do what you want it to do.

That said, you'll have to find a program to manually delete the file. If you google for the program that the aforementioned condescending asshole posted, you should get plenty of results. Install it, delete your file, and be better off for it.

That said, if you don't have a virus scanner program, highly consider obtaining one, even if it only gives you the rudimentary operations needed for such activities.

hey okay..thanx...that really helped and ya... it worked i know y now. i tried doing all that but i just dint put a . after Conhar 1
sooo ya :) thanx a bunch

I ran into exactly the same problem from downloading a supposed jpg file from winmx. I didn't have time to read all 4 pages but in the chance that noone else listed the solution here it is.
I solved the problem and was able to completely delete this file by going to the DOS prompt in the correct directory (in my case D:\WORK>).
As mentioned above there is not enough room to delete without the wildcard "*".
Insert the wildcard where the dir listing puts the "~" symbol when you type a directory list, and it will find the file for you..and it WILL delete it...taa daa.

Type the command "del CONHAR*" from the dos directory where it is located.

notice there is no dot (.) between the "CON" and the "HAR" and no dot between the "CONHAR" and the wildcard "*"

It works and I am a genius (no applause please).

I admit it took me a few tries before I figured out the correct phrasing.

Toss me a thanks if this helped you.

Databyter
databyter@cox.net

I edited my post

or Boot up to DOS and delete it from there

• To delete a file from the DOS prompt (command line) you use the command:
  • del filename <Enter>
  • File names can be entered using wild cards (* and ?) where the star (*) is any string and the ? is any single character. Deleting a file called "mypictureofthegreenmoster.jpg could be done by entering:
  • del mypic*.* <Enter>
  • which will delete ALL files beginning with "mypic". This is sometimes helpful if there is a problem with a filename that has acquired weird characters in its name.

my goodness, i was about to tear my hair out... i knew the scumbags employed some crappy hidden ascii method like that, but i couldnt figure it out... del m*.* for (microsoft office xp.zip.exe) worked like a charm

Kazaa sucks... :mrgreen:

ALL leeching via p2p sucks!

open up c drive properties tools click error checking status click check now i just did it got the information on this page 10 mins ago worked no problem can rember who told solution but very mutch appreciated they know wht there talking about cheers. good luck.

open up c drive properties tools click error checking status click check now i just did it got the information on this page 10 mins ago worked no problem can rember who told solution but very mutch appreciated they know wht there talking about cheers. good luck.

Then type:
erase conhar*.lnk
The ~1 means it's too lazy to show the whole file name because it's too long. :-)

EDIT: This was a response to the last comment on the first page, I didn't notice the other 3 pages.:sad:

thanks mmiikkee your a genious

hi afi_freak27

U can delete this file, there's a small utility to delete such type of files, its UNLOCKER, download this file, its a free utility, install it. Right click on the file which u wanna deleted click on unlocker, then a window opens up, then click on unlock all, now u can safely delete the files u want

Try it................

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.