I formatted my other computer and I popped in my Windows 98SE bootdisk, did all of that and put in my CD (all this time my keyboard worked....) and when I tried to type in my CD key, it doesn't work! Even when I press Num Lock it doesn't work. It's not my keyboard because I tried 2 other keyboards....my mouse works fine.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by dlh6213

I haven't run across that particular problem before, but:

- Does this only occur with that CD?
- Can you replicate the problem if you try the CD on another computer?
- Is the CD an original, legal Windows install disk, known to be in working condition?
- Can you eliminate the possibility of a problem with the keyboard serial port by trying a USB keyboard?

I haven't run across that particular problem before, but:

- Does this only occur with that CD?
- Can you replicate the problem if you try the CD on another computer?
- Is the CD an original, legal Windows install disk, known to be in working condition?
- Can you eliminate the possibility of a problem with the keyboard serial port by trying a USB keyboard?

It occurs with other Windows Installation CDs, the disk IS legal :cheesy: and it works on other PCs....(will get back to you on the USB thing [need a convertor] )

ok, now I got the keyboard to work, but now when I try to install professional, it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." and I do and the computer keeps restarting until I turn it off. When I use the WIN98SE bootdisk (to install Win98SE instead) it says that my PC is not the right file system or whatever?!?!!

How did you get your keyboard to work?

Since you now have a new problem that is unrelated to the title of this thread, you will probably get better assistance if you post a new thread. You should also include whether you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Do you want a dual-boot (98 and Win2K/WinXP)?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.