I formatted my other computer and I popped in my Windows 98SE bootdisk, did all of that and put in my CD (all this time my keyboard worked....) and when I tried to type in my CD key, it doesn't work! Even when I press Num Lock it doesn't work. It's not my keyboard because I tried 2 other keyboards....my mouse works fine.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

can anyone help me?

I haven't run across that particular problem before, but:

- Does this only occur with that CD?
- Can you replicate the problem if you try the CD on another computer?
- Is the CD an original, legal Windows install disk, known to be in working condition?
- Can you eliminate the possibility of a problem with the keyboard serial port by trying a USB keyboard?

I haven't run across that particular problem before, but:

- Does this only occur with that CD?
- Can you replicate the problem if you try the CD on another computer?
- Is the CD an original, legal Windows install disk, known to be in working condition?
- Can you eliminate the possibility of a problem with the keyboard serial port by trying a USB keyboard?

It occurs with other Windows Installation CDs, the disk IS legal :cheesy: and it works on other PCs....(will get back to you on the USB thing [need a convertor] )

(will get back to you on the USB thing [need a convertor] )

OK- keep us posted.

ok, now I got the keyboard to work, but now when I try to install professional, it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." and I do and the computer keeps restarting until I turn it off. When I use the WIN98SE bootdisk (to install Win98SE instead) it says that my PC is not the right file system or whatever?!?!!

How did you get your keyboard to work?

Since you now have a new problem that is unrelated to the title of this thread, you will probably get better assistance if you post a new thread. You should also include whether you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Do you want a dual-boot (98 and Win2K/WinXP)?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.