Hi all am new here, my windows xp with service pack 2 will not connect to internet even thoug the tcp ip is set to auto, when i run ipconfig all colum including ip add is blank (0000) but the same network cable is working in my laptop and other pc, please can any body help me ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What type of internet service are you using?

Do you have a router in your house to which you connect your computer via ethernet cable?

Just plug out the ethernet cable and plug it back into your computer and make sure you hear a click sound when you plug it in.

Right Click on your LAN connection and click on status---->support----> see what IP address are you geting there.

Post the details in this thread.

Have you done a reformat prior to this problem? If so you may be missing LAN driver for internet to work. You have to find out who made the motherboard and go to their website and download the LAN (local area network) driver this will resolve issue....I hope.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.