I am having a problem with my print spooler not staying automatic even though auto is selected. Every time I want to print, I have to manually restart the spooler. It does not matter what program I am trying to print from or even what printer I am using. Any ideas?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gerbil

Local to the PC, there is a document stuck in the queue I can not get to go away. I have rebooted the computer, cancel all jobs, uninstalled and re-installed the printer. Really weird lol

Go Start, Run, and enter ..
services.msc
Scroll down to Print Spooler and ensure that Startup Type is Automatic. If not, rclick Print Spooler, > Properties and select Automatic in the drop down menu.

Okay, now that you know your way around Services, go back in there and Stop the Print Spooler.
Navigate to C:/windows/system32/spool/printers and delete any documents listed there, and then back to Services and reset to Automatic.
Should do the job.

I already said that in post 3.

Local to the PC, there is a document stuck in the queue I can not get to go away. I have rebooted the computer, cancel all jobs, uninstalled and re-installed the printer. Really weird lol

I am thinking it has something to do with the printer and vista? It is a HP 1020.

Well, no, you did not say that, not really. You said you cancelled all jobs. I assumed that you did that via the Printer software.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.