when i am chatting with my 6.2 version msn i do not receive the emoticons, i only see words

Hmmm, maybe you have unchecked the appropriate setting which controls how you view emoticons. Try this:

In MSN Messenger, click Tools and then Options.... Click the Messages tab. The first two check boxes should be checked (i.e. they should have a little tick beside them) if you want to see emoticons.

Another reason you are not seeing the emoticons could be that the person sending the emoticons is using Messenger Plus or something similar, which adds new functionality to MSN but requires both parties to have it installed before the functions can be used. For instance, your friends may be using Messenger Plus, but you aren't, so you just see the words instead of the little pictures.

Other than that, I ain't exactly sure what could cause the problem. Good luck hehehe.

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.