Please can someone help me, I have XP Home, OE6 and am receiving 12 copies of each email I receive, and although I am receving emails those sending them are receiving an undelivered message. I have gounf pop3uidl.dbx and renamed and started OE again , and then Ihave deleted it and started again, to no avail, it is driving me mad and is concerning that people don't think I am getting their mail.
Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello Tiffany :)

Here's a lil' tip which might solve the multiple emails problem:

Open Outlook Express, click Tools and then Options.... Click on the Read tab. Uncheck the option labelled as follows:

Automatically download message when viewing in the Preview Pane.

The reason that this might cause multiple copies of an email to be downloaded is that while you are reaing the email in the Preview Pane it downloads it once for you, but at the same time Outlook Express is automatically downloading your emails for you right after you start the program, so you end up with 2, and sometimes more than that if the program gets really confused! hehehe

As for the other problems, well, I ain't too sure :sad: But hey, at least I half-helped! ;)

Hello Tiffany :)

Here's a lil' tip which might solve the multiple emails problem:

Open Outlook Express, click Tools and then Options.... Click on the Read tab. Uncheck the option labelled as follows:

Automatically download message when viewing in the Preview Pane.

The reason that this might cause multiple copies of an email to be downloaded is that while you are reaing the email in the Preview Pane it downloads it once for you, but at the same time Outlook Express is automatically downloading your emails for you right after you start the program, so you end up with 2, and sometimes more than that if the program gets really confused! hehehe

As for the other problems, well, I ain't too sure :sad: But hey, at least I half-helped! ;)

Thanks very much for the tip unfortunately it did not work but if you have any other ideas...! Thanks for responding tho. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.