When i start up my computer i click on my user name, type my password and then it says 'logging on' then there is a quick flash of my user account wallpaper then it says 'logging off' and 'saivng your settings' then it goes back to the user log on screen, ive tried it with other people accounts too but the same thing happens. Please help.

Thanks
Wil

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

1. Can you give us any history concerning the problem? That is, did you add/remove software or hardware, or make any other changes to the system around the time the problem started to happen?

2. Can you boot into Safe Mode or perhaps "last known good configuration?

Before shutting down i ran an Ad Aware scan and removed about 40 items of spyware. But thats all i can think of. I will try to use safe mode and i'll let you know how it went

OK- keep us posted :)

Heya,

Well. I just wanted to point this out, there is a known issue with Adware that does this. Here is a site that might be able to help you with it, and it's more of the lower end of it. =P

I recommend gettin' the newest version of Adware, which fixes this bug and if you have any problem, go ahead post here again. -D

G'Luck,
Alistair

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/106983.html

Interesting tidbit Alistair- thanks for the linkage!

I need to write 1000 time "I Shall Not Speed Read Again" ,"I Shall Not Speed Read Again" ,
WoW those Computing.net threads are Hard on the Head !!!

WoW those Computing.net threads are Hard on the Head !!!

I feel your pain brother.

I used to hang out there years ago when the site was much smaller, and it was pretty chaotic even then (and yes- the graphical presentaion was as "eye-pleasing" as it is now). With the membership and traffic they have now, being there feels sort of like standing in the intersection of eight herds of migrating Moose during rutting season....

I feel your pain brother.

I used to hang out there years ago when the site was much smaller, and it was pretty chaotic even then (and yes- the graphical presentaion was as "eye-pleasing" as it is now). With the membership and traffic they have now, being there feels sort of like standing in the intersection of eight herds of migrating Moose during rutting season....

Acyuall I remember wayback ,posting a link to there ,On here for a soulution to a problem someone was having ,and I believe it was you[may not have been ] who thanked me for the making them trudge through the Wilderness.LOL

Heya guys,

Sorry about that, but that was the only site I could find the info, and yes I agree it was a headache to me too. =/ Hehe.

Lateres,
Ali

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.