Hi, everybody!!! Simple question:
My friend just bought a new laptop "Toshiba" anyway she forgot the password to it.
Note: not the user password.
& given it's a laptop she can't just open the case and solve her problem what can she do ?Please help!!!!

"If at first you do not succeed redefine success." Anonymous

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If you're talking about the BIOS password, then try Toshiba.

yeah i would try toshiba support idk if hard resetting the cmos would work buttttt you can try toshiba as the password i think thats the default for backdoor bios pass on that also try this site for some more info http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml

yeah i would try toshiba support idk if hard resetting the cmos would work buttttt you can try

What are you talking about? How can you hard reset a CMOS in a laptop?

What are you talking about? How can you hard reset a CMOS in a laptop?

lol just scratch that statement(you'd have to dissamble the laptop usually taking off the keyboard and some of the motherboard is exposed that way depending on the model and you can pop out the cmos battery for a few seconds and it would reset the bios password) i was thinking of something else i was more in the intention of leaving a comment about the toshiba loop back that you can make with the serial port its on that link that usually works i've done it with the one i had back in the day but to save time i would see what toshiba has to say if you haven't

you should be able to login on the local admin in NON-SAFEMODE.

Then go Windows vista START- > HP PROTECTTOOL SECURITY MANAGER - >Credential Manager -> SETTINGS and DISABLE CREDENTIAL MANAGER. If you want disable the multifactor authentication (by enabling password only) under Credential Manager -> MULTIFACTOR AUTHENTICATION.

you should be able to login on the local admin in NON-SAFEMODE.

Then go Windows vista START- > HP/Toshiba PROTECTTOOL SECURITY MANAGER - >Credential Manager -> SETTINGS and DISABLE CREDENTIAL MANAGER. If you want disable the multifactor authentication (by enabling password only) under Credential Manager -> MULTIFACTOR AUTHENTICATION.

ok thanks for trying to help everybody. but what if it was a fujitsu siemens computer. and i tried fujitsu it didn't work. siemens too.help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.