--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.....I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop, for the past three years. It runs XP. As of 2 days ago, I cannot get Internet, but the wireless network is connected, as I am on my desktop now.

The laptop came wireless ready. I checked a few other wireless networks in my neighborhood, and still nothing. I hope this is something easy, but I don't know what to do. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

unplug the router from its power source and leave it out briefly , then plug it back in ,then refresh the network list on the laptop

Solutions:
1. You have a static IP. You get signal but your IP address is set to manual. Make sure it's set to Automatic

2. You may have proxy settings on your browser. you need to it off.

3. Recently added computer/internet security software. Turn it off temporarily to isolate problem

4. You have wireless security running on your router and the routers on your neighborhood might too. You will need to match wireless security settings with the router's. In this case you are getting signal and your laptop will say connected but underneath it all, you don't have the correct IP.

Need help in all these steps? Call 1-877-787-8749 for support. If they are not able to solve your problem and a few others that you might have, then the call is free.

Iridium -

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.