My eMachines Win XP/SP2 with CD-RW 16X max write - (Device) Samsung CD-R/RW SW-224B DVD/CD-R..I copy/burn data files to the CD-R but when I try to play back the CD it seems that the files are in Windows Media Player and I cannot read it. These are not music files - just data files. Why is the CD-R copying to Win media player? How can I set up my pc so that I can read back a CD?
If someone here could give me an idea (1) how to successfully copy files/data from my C: drive to a blank CD-R (2) how to read it back...I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.
BTW is it OK to use a 24X max write CD-R blank with a 16X max write CD-RW or will this cause any conflict?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It would seen that the default program to open your files is Media Player, change it to open with the prog of your choice.

Right click the icon of the file and scroll to "Open with" and select the prog you want.

It would seen that the default program to open your files is Media Player, change it to open with the prog of your choice.

Right click the icon of the file and scroll to "Open with" and select the prog you want.

Would appreciate it if you could tell me which program I should "Open With" - so I can read all my data CDs. Thank you very much.

windows ecplores, Word if iy is a word prog, excel for spreadsheey....etc

Your Data files ,open them with the program you created them with!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.