where does the genuine validation nag reside in my computer? I can't locate it.
I have a legal sticker for xp, I have 20 of them ,also sp3 installed. just want to remove the nag not register the computer,

abetageek@gmail

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Sorry are you asking for a way around Microsoft’s security???
I have 20 illegal copies of XP on 20 PCs, how do I disable the nag that tells me to register and if I don’t register, how can I stop my XPs from shutting down????

commented: good lookin out bob +1

By what authority do you misquote?
you put the word illegal in there. and "on 20 pcs"
Sorry all my stickers are paid for.
I have no interest in stealing what i already own.
Bill Gates imperfect as he is, was in the right place at the right time and changed the world for the better and still does.
I just did not want to have to reinstall.
to continue, ms security is an oxymoron.
you can breach any xp with a w2k disc.
if for example your friend lost her password.
ms has been apprised of this problem, perhaps they can fix it, but their official policy is if someone can get into your system and do anything they want in it, it is no longer yours, and they owe you nothing.
also we cant be humble and arrogant at the same time and everyone needs to feel important even us.

one more thing ; booting off a cd or thumb drive is easy to do and obsoletes the os.

Let us assume that you do own the license for the XP OS, iy is against the rules of this site to pass along information that could be used to circumvent Microsoft’s security or any form of piracy. This would preclude anyone here form giving you that information.

P.S. I do own 20 PC with illegal XP OS, they were all legal once but due to the difficulty of repairing individual PCs when they play up, I just clone the hard drive and it is working in 1 hour. I still hold the licenses but they are not installed on my PCs.

where does the genuine validation nag reside in my computer? I can't locate it.
I have a legal sticker for xp, I have 20 of them ,also sp3 installed. just want to remove the nag not register the computer,

abetageek@gmail

if it were legal and not activated/registered it will stop working in 30 days,and you wouldn't get the nag ,so it illegal software !

If Window's security was an oxymoron, you would not need to ask your question as there would be no nag to worry about. Therefore your post is superfluous and you can keep on booting your PC with a CD/thumbdrive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.