Installed new hard drive running xp, and keep getting "ntldr" message? Hard drive is 80 GB Maxtor 7200rpm t/m ultra ata/133 8mb cache. Old one crashed, Can anyone help i tried microsofts solution but will not work? What am i doing wrong? I followed instruction and ran cd provided.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

huum no one has any idea??? With all the reading i have done in here I would think that i would have had 12 different solutions by now!

Installed new hard drive running xp, and keep getting "ntldr" message? Hard drive is 80 GB Maxtor 7200rpm t/m ultra ata/133 8mb cache. Old one crashed, Can anyone help i tried microsofts solution but will not work? What am i doing wrong? I followed instruction and ran cd provided.

Me slow learner !
what is the full ntldr message ,you are running XP is this a fresh install on the new drive .do you only have one HD drive in the computer

Yes I have only the one hardrive and thank you for responding? I followed all instruction and I get a "Ntldr" is missing!
Thanks for any help you can provide.

You get that error message if you have a non-bootable floopy in the floopy drive. Not quite sure when else you get it though. But check your floppy drive ;) or any other external drive (zip, floppy, etc.) that your PC may be trying to boot off of.

Drive is fine! and boot order is fine???????

Drive is fine! and boot order is fine???????

if that is the case, then why do you think you are getting this error message ??? Will it then continue to load or dors it just stop !! i still think you need to rpaire or reload windows ,

if that is the case, then why do you think you are getting this error message ??? Will it then continue to load or dors it just stop !! i still think you need to rpaire or reload windows ,

Assuming nothing's wrong with your install (other than the boot sector being corrupted), a repair reinstallation of Windows is a feasible idea. I've had it work in several instances where NTLDR was missing or not found.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.