A message is displayed on the screen of my computer,u have a 2038 virus on computer ....
. there is link in this advertise, when i open that link it demands my bank details and forces to buy that antivirus. That antivirus name is antivirus 99, its icon is shown in rigt hand side corner. it shows its presence in add and remove programs too but it is not remove from there. i try all things to remove that advertise from my computer but still i donot get success. this advertise remains on screen from the moment i open my computer. pls some one solve my problrm

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If the online scan didn't work, then you can download other antivirus softwares such as AlYac (it's South Korean, but I find it extremely useful). Also, does the advertisement affect your Internet and desktop (weird shortcuts, new homepage, slower connection)? The antivirus99 problem is probably a Rogue adware...

Just try this: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I have seen this problem many times. This software works great.

same software offered in post #2

instruction on its use .
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.

Tried removing an annoying popup from my system for ages. Finally www.search-and-destroy.com removed the popup for good. A free scan afterwards found and removed hundreds of Trojans and spyware.

thats good to hear ,glad you had success ,But i have never heard of search and destroy,I have heard of Spybot search and destroy ,and i don't have an old computer to try it on right now.
how much did they charge you to remove the trojans ! is it totally free!

What is Search and Destroy?

Search and Destroy is another in a long list of fake "spyware removal programs". Most of these infect computers when you are required to download an infected codec program to watch a video online or you may have been attacked by a drive-by installation. In any case, the program "Search and Destroy" tries to use a name similar to a very popular and useful removal tool called Spybot Search and Destroy. It installs on your computer, then proceeds to run a scan and show you a variety of infections that need to be removed. The only problem is my test computer was completely clean of spyware, adware, viruses and other issues when I downloaded and installed Search and Destroy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.