Hi guys wonder if you can help. I had an Korean student staying with me and she downloaded korean programmes on my computer without my knowledge anyway since their discovery I have been trying with no luck to remove them. One is Daum Activex. another is nateon.nate.com. I have tried to uninstall from add/remove but they just do not move. can you give me some simple step by step guide to remove these as not very computer savvy when it comes to this. thankyou in advance.

chrissy3

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ActiveX pgms seem to pop up all over your sys. If you find then in C:\Windows\Downloaded Pgm Files directory you can simply delete them.
With IE7 you can open IE, go Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons, select "Downloaded ActiveX Controls, select the ActiveX and delete it.
Or do this:
HiJackThis:
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new FOLDER placed either alongside your program files or on your desktop and then... rename hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-select Scan Only.
Look at the O16 entries [these are the ActiveXs]... place checkmarks against the entries you do not want, and then press Fix Checked.

ActiveX pgms seem to pop up all over your sys. If you find then in C:\Windows\Downloaded Pgm Files directory you can simply delete them.
With IE7 you can open IE, go Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons, select "Downloaded ActiveX Controls, select the ActiveX and delete it.
Or do this:
HiJackThis:
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new FOLDER placed either alongside your program files or on your desktop and then... rename hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-select Scan Only.
Look at the O16 entries [these are the ActiveXs]... place checkmarks against the entries you do not want, and then press Fix Checked.

thanx gerbil

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.