hi,
I used to download with 150 kb/s , but when ı reinstalled my Windows XP , the max speed ı could reach is 30 kb/s for like a month. What may be the reason of this and any suggestions to solve this issue?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,
You said that you reinstalled XP so I assume that it was the same as the copy you have now. Have you updated to SP2 or SP3? Do you have all the latest upgrades? Have you contacted your ISP?

Have you updated to SP2 or SP3? Do you have all the latest upgrades? Have you contacted your ISP?

well the first thing i have done after installing XP was updating everything i could.
and ı didnt contact my ISP becouse the problem seems to about my computer since when my friends come here and dl smt with their laptop's they dont exprience any problem

if this dont speed it up it virus or isp related

i dont think it is virus either becouse the problem was there while ı was updating windows too, it was really slow .
And also i dont want to download some unofficial programs to my computer ...ty

And also i dont want to download some unofficial programs to my computer ...ty

I under stand ,The site has been around since 1998, and i have been using it since then ,safely !but I will keep recommending it as a safe and very good program , and using it on mine !

Hi,
Just an aside, most of the fixes recommended by people on this site are "unofficial programs" and are only recommended because they assist in repairing problems with users PC's. If you take your PC to a shop for repair, it is most likely that, if they don't format and reinstall, they will use this type of program to find and repair your PC.
Take Caperjack's advice and download and run the program, you never know, it might fix your problem. Caperjack has solved 338 other problems and he want to fix yours as well.

Hi,

Take Caperjack's advice and download and run the program, you never know, it might fix your problem. Caperjack has solved 338 other problems and he want to fix yours as well.

thanks for the vote of confidence ,
338 ,and that only the ones that marked post as solved ,the rest of them are still trying to get back on the net ! LOL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.