To start, i apologize, i am probably posting in the wrong place.

i can only use my computer in safe mode right now. in normal mode, things lag and websites take several minutes to load or just go blank

i cant access some websites, if they are of anti-malware nature. i cant open SOME anti malware files. please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

run you virus scanner in safe mode ,try safe mode with networking and see if you can download malwarebytes and install and run it .
What i do with costumers computers to fix!I remove and install infected drives into my own computer as a slave drive to remove the nasty you have !
===============
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
post the log back here.

i leaving for work shortly and will not be back for 10 hrs

the computer is closing programs that will help. liike that one and hijackthis

Caper, don't do that! Bring back the crook chook.
Hello, Mr Wanderer, lessee if this works for MBAM: go into Program Files\Malwarebytes A-M and rename mbam.exe to myjam.exe. Then dclick it to see if it is still blocked [it should set up for the scan]. Make sure to Update it before scanning!!
If you experience trouble with the update then dl the latest updates file: http://www.gt500.org/malwarebytes/mbam-rules.exe , to a thumbdrive. Next, dclick that mbam-rules.exe file, it will install into MBAM.
But start MBAM by dclicking myjam.exe [the icon will not work unless retargeted to myjam.exe].
Rename hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe...

the idea of renaming the files is so that malware on your pc cannot recognise them asAV progs and wont block them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.