Sunce I updatred to Java 6.0.2 late last summer, no other updates will install. I have dowloaded the online and the offline version of Java 6u10 and 6u11 and the Java installer screen does not come up. when I double-click on the saved files I am using Windows XP Pro SF3 and Firefox 3. In the Java Console of Firefox (under tools) it shows an error reading the registry file Mozilla/Java.reg. Can anyone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you tried completely uninstalling Java from the PC and then installing the latest and greatest version?

Sort of. I couldn' find Java under Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs sp I followed some complicated instructions I found on the Internet. It semmed to have removed Java as it wouldn't show Java working under the Java site's test to see if Java is installed. But no luck installing latest & greatest Java and afterwards I had to restore from a precious backup of the C: partition to have any version of Java working (ie, Java 6.0.2).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.