Greetings, I have just completed an 'upgrade' from Vista to XP. The problem I have is re-establishing the connection to the 'net. PC will not see the modem (siemens Speedstream 6520). It all worked previously with no probs. Connections have been checked. Modem is in sync with outside network. All lights up with exception of Ethernet (pc). Any ideas would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Greetings, I have just completed an 'upgrade' from Vista to XP. The problem I have is re-establishing the connection to the 'net. PC will not see the modem (siemens Speedstream 6520). It all worked previously with no probs. Connections have been checked. Modem is in sync with outside network. All lights up with exception of Ethernet (pc). Any ideas would be appreciated.

vista to xp would be considered a downgrade , did you install drivers for you network controller device , right click on mycomputer /properties/hardware /device manager and check network devices and make sure the drivers are install ,no yellow !! or red X

Thanks caperjack for your contribution. I followed your instuctions but all the drivers were in order. I had to go out for a few hours and when I returned the problem was gone? It 'fixed' itself but I don't know how? I sure would like to know in the advent that it happens again sometime. hopefully not.

as long as its fixed! good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.