Hi, How do I stop a DOS window from automatically closing after running a program?
Thanks

Hi, How do I stop a DOS window from automatically closing after running a program?
Thanks

hi there, one way is to open the windows folder your program is saved in, then click start>run - it will open the ms dos prompt, in the directory of your folder. then, run the program by typing just the program name without the extention (the .exe, or whatever) in the dos window. this should not shut the window afterwards.

if it still does, reply

cheers.

hi there, one way is to open the windows folder your program is saved in, then click start>run - it will open the ms dos prompt, in the directory of your folder. then, run the program by typing just the program name without the extention (the .exe, or whatever) in the dos window. this should not shut the window afterwards.

if it still does, reply

cheers.

Well, i just install java sdk and when I try to test it by typing JAVA or JAVAC in the DOS window and once it finishes displaying the results the window closes automatically.

Ah - sorry,don't know how to stop it then - that always works for me. good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.