If you have a resource marked EA000000-EA0000FF, how do you find this in debug? Does that also mean EA00:0000 or what? Also if an I/O is 9000-9007 how do you see the location in debug?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dick

cmd
c:\> debug [enter key]
-d EA00:0000
EA00:0000 7C 07 50 53 51 8B C6 B9-01 00 8B DE F7 06 EC 74 |.PSQ..........t
etc
-
type d and hit enter again to see the next malloc contents

To HawkViper:

Sorry guy, I made myself look dumb with that one. My question was as clear as mud. I know how to get around in debug. My problem (which I should have made much clearer in my question) is:

In Hardware Devices my resources for com 2 are shown as EA000000-EA0000FF. To find this location in debug, I have tried EA00:0000 using the "d" command and can't find any hex but zeros. This puts me in the position of not being sure I am looking in the right place for the result. My exact question should be "Is EA000000 = EA00:0000 or not?"

Nothing is hooked to either com 1 or com 2. If my drivers were working right, the PCI soft modem should be somehow hooked to com 2 internally. I don't use com 1 for anything. When I first loaded the Agere software I forced the com to be one and I got write fault errors. When I reloaded, it loaded com 2 and then I could send to com 2 but got nothing like an OK back. Using the modem page, diagnostics--more info, it comes back saying the modem is not responding.

Why not try it on a different COM port, like 3 or 4?

This is just me, but I usually try to set internal software modems to something higher than 2, so they don't interfere with COM ports that might actually be there.

I now have the Agere using com 3 but it didn't change a thing. I then inserted the PCI bus information into the registry but that didn't change anything either. Even though 98 now has info in the registry about which device to send on, I am not sure it is sending anything. It may take a command to make PCI do something and I don't know how to do that.

I've been writing threads in 2 spots in Daniweb, chatting with 2 different guys. It's a pain to check each place each time I come on so I'll be on Hardware only from now on. See my latest entry on missing vcomm.vxd over there.

Bye

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.