Whats up guys,

This is Lex, i just bought a new pc. a friend of mine ordered all seperate parts and made it one hell of a fast funny toy (on paper).

i dont know anything about computers so this is what happend.

i bought windows vista and installed it.
and then i started randomly installing drivers and software that came with the pc.

now...maybe im spoiled but this thing isnt as fast as i would have thought.

is the order of installing all drivers and software on a new system important. if yes, what is the best way to do it and can i still fix my toy?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Some drivers are dependent of the other but the thumb of rule is, after installing one driver, restart machine . Anyway, be careful to install many apps, bse some are garbages trials and will amke disk full of nonesense :)

post the specs of your machine, they we can tell you if it supposed to be fast or not ;)

like i said , i dont know anything about computers so where do i find what you need sillyboy?

but isnt it important that you first do the videocard and stuff like that. do you recommend to start all over again?

this is what i know about my pc

Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU
Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 2,67 GHz
RAM 4GB

1 4Launch Hardware installatie (assemblage) € 39.00
1 Cooler Master Midi Tower Elite 331 ATX No PSU (zwart-zilver) € 30.50
1 Cooler Master Powersupply eXtreme Power 460W € 47.50
1 Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz FSB1333 Box € 210.50
1 Kingston 4x1GB DDR2 SDRAM PC8500 CL5.0 HyperX € 71.50
1 Konig PCI-e Adapter WLAN 300Mbit € 37.50
1 MSI P43 NEO-F iP43, SATA2 RAID, GLAN, 8CH € 70.00
1 Samsung 640GB SATA300 16MB, HD642JJ € 56.50
1 Samsung DVD-/+/RAM SH-S223F 22x/22x/12x Bulk (zwart) € 20.50
1 Sapphire Videokaart PCI-e Radeon HD4850 512MB DDR3 2xDVI/HDCP € 130.50
1 Zalman Casefan ZM-F3 120mm € 7.10

I don't think there is any need to necessarily do the video card first, but by doing it first, it means the next installs become easier (because you get a better display). Looking at those specs it looks like it should get the job done.

Perhaps you have exagerrated how fast you thought it should be?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.