Hi, I need help with my outlook 2007. I am running XP Home Edition and I have 2 email addresses with my own domain. My problem is that Outlook keeps picking up old messages and resending them to my Inbox - or to wherever my Rules re-locate them to. I have checked the box "keep messages on server" because there are others in my family who needs to read the emails. The problem is resolved once I delete them from the server, but it is important that I keep them there for at least a week. Hope someone can help...Thanks from Brovic (Roy)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are others in your family marking them as unread? Since it sounds like you have more then 1 individual access this email may be hard to diagnose.

Are others in your family marking them as unread? Since it sounds like you have more then 1 individual access this email may be hard to diagnose.

Thank you, Freshfitz, for responding. Actually, there is only my wife and me, although we each have our own Desk Tops and Laptops. I wanted to keep the messages on the server so that when we fire up either of the other PC's, the messages would automatically be recorded on those units. This current problem has evolved without either of us using the other units so there has been no interference from them. I have since un-ticked "keep messages on server" and this has obviated the multiple receiving issue but now we can't download those messages to the other PCs. We have never had this problem before so it must be something that I have inadvertently done....ROY (Brovic)

What if you uncheck leave messages on server let one outlook download all the email off the server so the server is clear then re-check leave messages on server so you are kinda starting from a fresh start. I've had outlook do this sometimes and it even resulted in deleting the email address from the server and re-creating it on some occasions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.