When I open any executing (.exe) file....Ur computer might be at risk..automatic upadtes are turned off...etc,and task manager and registry are disabled.when I press alt+ctrl+del it says "The task manager is disabled by your administrator"When i enable it from Gp editor,it comes and again goes when i open .exe files.Please share your idea.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

wat rubbish r u talkin abt....

if u want solution then u hav to contact the genius inside ur hostel....

search n contact him...

Hi deepugtm

Have you searched the forum for similar problems? Usually this problem is caused by something malicious (other than prokorn) which immediately destroys any control by modifying your registry.

The first thing I would do is to try and regain control so that you can properly get rid of the trojan/virus that has caused all this.

In C:\windows, copy REGEDIT.EXE, paste it and rename it to FRED.EXE or something. Then see if it runs as FRED.EXE. Might do, might not.

In C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, copy TASKMGR.EXE, paste it and rename it to BILL.EXE or something. Try to run that.

Search this forum and google the string regedit & task manager disabled. Stacks of stuff there to support what I'm advising.

Then go to the Virus form here, read the Readmes and post a HijackThis log there.

I have done what you have said..but doesn't work all.I have searched in the internet but couldn't find proper answer.Everywhere i found that enabling it from group editor and deleting values from registry.First problem is that enabling by this method opens registry and task manager for a short time and disappears,however i able to delete values from registry in that short interval of time,but deleting value doesn't solve the problem because new value added automatically,ranaming also doesn't solve the problem.iIf you know virus name I could search it from linux ( I have dual OS).Please help me.

It definitely sounds like something (trojan or virus) has infected your computer. Can you run HijackThis? I would download a copy of the latest HijackThis and post the results. From that, we can tell what is preventing you from editing your registry and task manager.

If the above does not work because of your .exe problem, then try going to Trend Micro House Call on the internet and run their online virus/spyware removal program.

When I open any executing (.exe) file....Ur computer might be at risk..automatic upadtes are turned off...etc,and task manager and registry are disabled.when I press alt+ctrl+del it says "The task manager is disabled by your administrator"When i enable it from Gp editor,it comes and again goes when i open .exe files.Please share your idea.

This error is caused if the DisableTaskMgr restriction is enabled. To enable Task Manager, try one of these methods

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Method 2

Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
Navigate to the following branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System

In the right-pane, delete the value named DisableTaskMgr
Close Regedit.exe

@verceti

deepugtm's problem now is that his registry changes don't persist. Ergo, there is a trojan screwing things up. He should follow the malwarebytes route and post his logs in the Virus forum.

The only problem with the malwarebytes solution and the hijackthis solution is that he has to be able to execute them. They are both executable files, which he already stated he cannot commit. That is why I think that he should go online and have one of the free online scanners remove as much as possible and then, post the malwarebyte and hijackthis log.

Isn't there any idea other than installing the antivirus programming and scanning them at all..

Isn't there any idea other than installing the antivirus programming and scanning them at all..

Er .. you started this thread months ago!

Anyway, if you've got a trojan/virus, you've been advised what to do. There is no other way to get rid of malware than to use various bits of downloadable software.

Same problem happened few months ago with me "The task manager is disabled by your administrator". I got a site while surfing internet http://www.completepcpedia.com/task_manager.html. I followed the instructions and solved this issue.

cheers!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.