Hey guys. I have a gateway t-1628 and one day my microphone could not be heard by the person on the other end of the messenger. It worked just fine before but something must have happened. I checked all of my drivers and still could not solve the problem. The Vista speech and sound control panel did not help any. This problem is different because the hardware manager does not show a microphone under the sound category because it is integrated into the monitor and chipset. Below is a link to the specs page on the laptop at gateway. Are there any services or anything that I should look at? Any suggestions?

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2008/Triton/1015326R/1015326Rsp2.shtml

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

go to control panel.. click on sound and audio devices.. then click on voice tab.. then check the "Voice recording default device" if it's blank or not.. post back :)

I know this sounds corny but have you tried another externalmicrophone. I have had a number of clients with dead microphones!!
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.