hello again, i downloaded a recomended program called Zonealarm for extra firewall protection. im on a network at college and every 5 or 7 minutes a get an alert that my college is trying to access my computer. then a few minutes later i get another saying another dorm, clear across campus is trying to access my computer.....THEN a few minutes later i get another IP trying to access my computer....but by the address, i can tell its from here....somewhere.....(by the way, the alert does say they were all successfully blocked)i guess my question is, are all these access approiate, and if not, is this zonealarm doing its job properlly....thanks again in advance

hello again, i downloaded a recomended program called Zonealarm for extra firewall protection. im on a network at college and every 5 or 7 minutes a get an alert that my college is trying to access my computer. then a few minutes later i get another saying another dorm, clear across campus is trying to access my computer.....THEN a few minutes later i get another IP trying to access my computer....but by the address, i can tell its from here....somewhere.....(by the way, the alert does say they were all successfully blocked)i guess my question is, are all these access approiate, and if not, is this zonealarm doing its job properlly....thanks again in advance

You need to spend some time learning about Zone Alarm, if you do so your questions will be answered

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.