Hello. I am wanting to share a printer between to laptops. The are both vista and we have wireless router that we use. The printer is hooked up to his computer and i am sick of always waiting for him to get off the computer so i can print or spend things to him so he can print them off. I have the printer sharing on both computers on. I try add printer to my computer and it says it cant find printer. I don't know how the network is set up I just know that i added him to the router. I don't know if that means that i have a home network set up or if i still need to figure that how. I would love some help if you feel like helping thanks

Hello. I am wanting to share a printer between to laptops. The are both vista and we have wireless router that we use. The printer is hooked up to his computer and i am sick of always waiting for him to get off the computer so i can print or spend things to him so he can print them off. I have the printer sharing on both computers on. I try add printer to my computer and it says it cant find printer. I don't know how the network is set up I just know that i added him to the router. I don't know if that means that i have a home network set up or if i still need to figure that how. I would love some help if you feel like helping thanks

Hello

If you go to network and sharing center what does it say?
Are you both part of the same network with the same settings?

Also you must install the drivers for the printer on your machine aswell for you too be able to use it.

- Let us know if this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.