Hello people,

Am trying to set up Windows live mail so that I can send/receive emails. Thus far I can check my emails but cannot send any.

The configuration I am using is:
Incoming POP3 server - smail.warwick.ac.uk
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - smtp.virgin.net
Incoming mail port - 995 SSL ticked
Outgoing mail port - 25 no SSL

My ISP is Virgin Media and I've done a bit of google-ing on this and apparently i need to provide a password (outgoing mail server require authenication) but I don't have a username/ pass for my internet account!

Any help is much appreciated!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

call you ISP and they will gladly/freely talk you through setting up the email ,at least here in Canada they do !and they will help you with password and user name

Will do later today, depending on the cost of the call. In the UK some helplines cost a fortune (to a student) to call!

Will do later today, depending on the cost of the call. In the UK some helplines cost a fortune (to a student) to call!

yeah i hear you ,but this call should be to support tech,to set up a email acct ,that is free with your paid internet subscription ,at lease it is here in Canada.

Sadly not in the UK, they'll quite literally abuse you for calling any form of tech support - on there for more than an hour and you'll be needing the IMF to bail you out :-)

Sadly not in the UK, they'll quite literally abuse you for calling any form of tech support - on there for more than an hour and you'll be needing the IMF to bail you out :-)

really ,not here, i can call my isp,9am -5 pm free for any ? i have regarding there service ,,

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.