Quite accidentally, I have managed to delete my address book in Outlook 2002 (Win XP SP2). How can I get it back?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Quite accidentally, I have managed to delete my address book in Outlook 2002 (Win XP SP2). How can I get it back?

try a search for *.wab ,see if its still around ,if you find it then go to outlook and go to File ,import /addresssbook and direct it to the one you found .
Also did you check the recycle bin for it .

try a search for *.wab ,see if its still around ,if you find it then go to outlook and go to File ,import /addresssbook and direct it to the one you found .
Also did you check the recycle bin for it .

I have a wab and a wab~. Would I be right in thinking that I just need to copy the wab~ to wab and all will be well?

I have a wab and a wab~. Would I be right in thinking that I just need to copy the wab~ to wab and all will be well?

double click on the either one and see if they contain any web address first

Neither of them has anything in them

ok ,there gone but where ,just how did you accidentally delete them .did you look in the recycle bin ??

That's the stange thing, I think I might have accidentally clicked once, so there should have been soemthing in the recycle Bin, but there wasn't.
So, I have been looking at various File Recovery utils, so far of all the ones I've tried the "best" is 'Recover my Files'. This comes up with no less than five copies of the wab file in RECYCLER! (All with the same size and date/time) However, its shareware, and won't restore anything unless you pay. The others don't even mention them. Is it worth buying? Or can someone suggest something else?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.