I have a dell Studio 15 with the following specifications:
- ProcessorsIntel® Core™ 2 Duo T6400 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit
- DVD+RW Drive8X Slot Load Super Multi (DL DVD+/-R Drive + RAM support)
- 4GB4 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
- 320GB5 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
- High Definition Audio 2.0
- Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g Half Mini-Card
- 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
As of this afternoon my operating system has taken up the habit of completely locking down one or two minutes after booting.
Windows explorer will stop "responding" a couple minutes after signing in. The task manager will not come up, and if it was up beforehand it will stop responding also. The start menu will not work, none of the applications on the desktop will open, the gadgets on the sidebar will freeze, and any process (such as transferring important files to a flash drive) will freeze as well. All of the applications that are currently running (As well as the desktop) will turn a milky color and there will be a (not responding) on all of the application windows.
Furthermore I can not sign into safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, or safe mode with networking. If I try hitting f8 before the computer boots and using the repair features they all have no effect, except for the system restore which refuses to work altogether. Chkdisk will run if I force shut down (which I always have to) and after it is done "cleaning" my disc nothing changes. I have tried searching for similar problems, but it seems no one has experienced a complete vista lockdown. I want to get some important files off of my computer before reformatting it.
If anyone at all can help me I would greatly appreaciate it.