Hi I bought a Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Core2 processor Q6600 (2.40Ghz 1066FSB) w/Quad Core Technology and 8MB cache last February it has Windows Vista 32 bit. It has not given me any problems until now. Just recently when I go to turn on my computer it will turn on then turn off, then turn on, then turn off about 3-4 times. The blue light and fan comes on then both shut off. After the 3rd or 4th time it will stay on, beep and load itself up. Now sometimes when it loads up my monitor will not come on. It will say its in powersave mode. Its like the computer is not talking to the monitor properly and moving my mouse or pressing the keys does not turn it on. Now I am not a genius when it comes to computers and I really dont want to spend tons of money to have someone come out and fix it. Does anyone know what could be wrong and if its something I could fix? I really appreciate any advice. Thanks for reading!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for rs_sis

Check the MEMORY. especially if you recently upgraded your RAM.

This doesn't really sound as a memory problem, but yhour motherboard. However, it is always good to check your RAM.

Just test everything you can, but it really sounds likes your motherboard is starting to fry itself.

You can try pulling out one RAM stick (if you have 2 ofcourse) and then switch, stuff like that. If that doesn't help, try using a different powersupply.

If both doesn't give any solution, it's most likely your motherboard

Member Avatar for rs_sis

Hi tinkydinkydo,

any updates ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.