Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board and I'm in desperate need of assistance. I'm not too tech savy so I'll try my best to explain to what's happening to my system.

It appears I've contracted some sort of trojan virus of the sort.

1. Although I use Firefox as a primary browser, Internet Explorer keeps opening for no apparent reason and sending me to various spam infested websites.

2. My computer is running much slower than it did a week ago.

3. I keep hearing sounds which don't seem to be originating from my PC yet clearly are.

I've run Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes and these problems are still here. Maybe I'm running them wrong. I simply scan and destroy whatever the software tells me it has found, but these programs often say that there are some bug they couldn't get to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Michael

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Oldy but a goody....

Download Ad-Aware, install and update... don't run yet.

Re-boot (so as to start from scratch). First run malwarebytes (as Admin)... when finished, don't re-boot just yet
Run Ad-Aware (also as Admin). When has finished, re-boot in safe mode.

Re-run both utilities - don't reboot until both have run and repaired. Now reboot normally.

How are things looking after doing this?

In any case look at the Spyware/Virus forum and take the actions suggested there and post the results there, please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.