hi i just recently bought a new motherboard and and took all the components from my old motherboard and put them in place on the new ne. ok so thats all working great i start the pc up sort out all the bios settings. this is all still ok. my problem comes when it starts to boot into windows. the problem is that it doesn't! i figured this would happen as the hard drive is wiped (apart from the recovery part on the disk) when you use a brand new motherboard so i was going to use my windows xp startup disk but unfortunately i seem to have lost it. i have no cds at present but i do have another computer running on windows xp. is there anyway i can make a startup disk (or whatever i need) from this? your wise help would be most appreciative as i really would like to get this pc up and running.
Many thanks Jam440

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

yeah i tried that last night but then it gets up to the screen where i have to put in the windows xp cd but thats the thing i have lost. so is there anyway to make one using my other pc that is running with xp?

Nope, cant make a WindowsXP CD from an existing installation

so theres nothing i can do apart from buy a new windows xp cd???

so theres nothing i can do apart from buy a new windows xp cd???

The only other thing would be to find the one you lost.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.