I have been experiencing some blue screens over the past few weeks. This is the most recent one i got.

STOP:0x000000F7
Ntfs.sys-Address 880421322 based at 88005000 Datestamp 47918a98

Any help regarding the matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hmmm, I don't tend to look at the error codes at first. Try going to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and then post all information regarding your error.

Most BSOD are due to power defficiencies, try going into your BIOS and then the hardware monitor or something along those lines and then take a look at your voltages, I know on ASUS motherboards if something is out of the ordinary it will highlight it in red.

commented: really poor advice. BSOD's are NOT most commonly "due to power defficiencies" at all! Misinformation serve only to confuse the OP! +0

Thanks for the reply.
I checked event viewer and i think that this is the log that shows the bsod.
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Service Control Manager
[ Guid] {555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}
[ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager

- EventID 7026

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-09-04T10:03:51.000Z

EventRecordID 140867

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel System

Computer LeMoNaDe-PC

Security

- EventData

param1 i8042prt

And also i can't find the hardware monitor tab or anything similar in my bios. The closest i could find is the "POWER" tab and it didn't show anything useful.

And also i get other blue screens as well, mainly during startup and 5minutes after i log in to desktop. If i can log in to desktop fine after 5 minutes, i can use it for 6hours without any problems most of the time.

Most BSOD are due to power defficiencies

Sorry, but what planet are you living on??

Most BSOD's are caused either by harware/driver malfunctions, or by core sys files being corrupted/removed (most commonly by malware, but also by poorly coded applications removing/tampering with core files).

As the "Ntfs.sys" reference suggest the latter (a core sys file corruption), best to first run a recovery install from your Windows disk (will need to boot from said disk), then use something like MalwareBytes to scan for any infections to rule out the Malware side of things. Once you know is clean, you'll need to reinstall any SP's and updates (some apps may also need to be removed and reinstalled, depending on their reliancy on certain Windows SP's).

Are they all 0x000000F7? When do they occur? Booting? Mid something? Mid what? On closedown? Is there a USB disk device attached when this happens?

They're not all 0x000000F7. Most of them occur during startup and 5minutes after i log in to desktop.

They're not all 0x000000F7. Most of them occur during startup and 5minutes after i log in to desktop.

For us to help diagnose at a distance, it's important that you catc h the code, the system (e.g. NTFS.SYS), any supporting error text and the stage during startup or normal working at which it occurs.

Is there any pattern?
Could you supply a listing of what MNSCONFIG syays are your startup DLLs and programs? Then we can recommend a controlled switch of of these until the problem goes away, or if it doesn't we can rule out certain causes.

There may well be RAM misbehaviour. There are RAM tests you can carry out. Perhaps you should do that and report.

BSODs on NTFS.SYS can point to a corruption of system files as kanineplus said. However, I've seen a few systems throw up NTFS.SYS related BSODs and the problem turned out to be faulty hard drives. Apart from the steps mentioned above, I'd also recommend tunning any vendor specific diagnostics on the hard drive.

If you could provide us with the model number of your system (or maybe the brand of the motherboard and hard drive) we could suggest a few other steps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.