I had windows xp and then I clean installed windows 2000 booting from the cd. Now when I start windows xp it says failed to load windows ... now my cd isnt running properly ... is there any way that I can repair windows xp without my cd. Should I have to place ntldr file or something like this .... I have all the i386 folders of all the windows (2000, xp and 2003) on my disk.

I had windows xp and then I clean installed windows 2000 booting from the cd. Now when I start windows xp it says failed to load windows ... now my cd isnt running properly ... is there any way that I can repair windows xp without my cd. Should I have to place ntldr file or something like this .... I have all the i386 folders of all the windows (2000, xp and 2003) on my disk.

I doubt that you could really repair without the cd..

but even with the cd and repairing it you will lost any program or item that uses your registry, so you would be better off reloading completly neways...

Harsh to say but the truth..soz..

I wont lose any program or data even if I do an installation of xp again ... so my data is not a concern .. I only want to know of a way that if I could repair windows startup without a cd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.