Hi, can any one help me?? I have a HP Touchscreen PC and my screen keeps switching off but the PC itself is still running, do you think my fan could need replacing or have i got a desktop hijacker hiding somewhere...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Is this at random times or is it when you do something specific?

Is this a laptop?

Is this at random times or is it when you do something specific?

Is this a laptop?

No its HP Touchsmart PC. It's all incorporated it has no separate tower. It is when its been on for a while, it seems to get really hot at the back, i just cant understand why the whole thing does'nt shut down, why it is only the screen.

Hi,
I assume that it is new, contact HP and ask them!

Hi,
I assume that it is new, contact HP and ask them!

Hi Bob,

Sir you shouldnt assume anything, it clouds the mind of judgement. this pc is three years old hence the reason I did'nt go back to HP first

But thankyou for your imput

Kind regards,

Jazzie

Hi,
It proves the old adage, Never ASSUME as it makes an ASS out of U and ME
In my limited knowledge of anything else but a desk top PC I had never heard of your PC before you posted and I went online and looked. I have been working with PC's since the Commodore 32 hit the market about 1977.

Hi,
It proves the old adage, Never ASSUME as it makes an ASS out of U and ME
In my limited knowledge of anything else but a desk top PC I had never heard of your PC before you posted and I went online and looked. I have been working with PC's since the Commodore 32 hit the market about 1977.

Well its just goes to prove your never too old to learn new tricks. I have looked at HP Site but anything they have to say costs money, its download this or that, but at a price.

I have actually got some advice that I think might of cured it from one of the forums, fingers crossed.

Again I thankyou for your input, all is appreciated as I am a novice.

Kind regards,

Jazzie

Hi again,
The only reason people are here is to help people like you and everyone appreciates it when we can do that and especially if we are thanked for doing it as well, I am sure the others here would say, "You are most welcome". If it is fixed, please mark this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.