I just switched on my toshiba satalite laptop and this blue screen message came up
stop 0x00008086. I tried safe mode didnt work, I tried recovery console but after drivers loaded same message came up again. Tried boot disc but still no luck.
Anybody any ideas how i can get this fixed.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I don't how old is your notebook. But I would check the RAM module and maybe clean with alcohol or test it with other RAM module.

Its 15 months old but warrenty has run out, ram seems ok

Could you run through the process from the beginning from when you switch on the pc and give details of what you see on the screen and any other error messages you get pay particular attention the amount of ram that is installed and make sure it corresponds to the amount you should have try pressing F8 on start up and when you get the list of options chose last known good configuration and see if that helps good luck

Tried all that still the same problem.

what operating system are you using? Do you have the OS disk? If so, you could try doing a clean re-install. Or, if you can manage to boot to the desktop run a disk check in command prompt or do a system restore. I believe this error is associated with the hard drive.

possible causes: Faulty Hard drive, Faulty ram memory, CPU fault, bad drivers (corrupted).
a clean install my be the only option but if you have faulty hardware the problem will persist

i just switched on my toshiba satalite laptop and this blue screen message came up
stop 0x00008086. I tried safe mode didnt work, i tried recovery console but after drivers loaded same message came up again. Tried boot disc but still no luck.
Anybody any ideas how i can get this fixed.

step:1 pls check the ur ram, and clean the ram.

step:2.[/b] i think ur harddisk life is very low.. 1st u format and install the os. And next backup the ur all datas and files.. Fininaly cheang the ur harddisk. New harddisk the us install..

Recently I had to 2 notebook with BSOD from customer. Changing the RAM has solve the problem. Maybe you should try and test with a new RAM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.